Gibson Builders, Barnes Vanze Architects, Inc. and Mary Drysdale Design Associates, Inc. recently completed a complete gut and renovation of the Historic Marwood Mansion in Potomac, Maryland. The estate, built in 1926 is a faithful copy of the central wing of the Palace "Malmaison" built by Napolean for the Empress Josephine outside of Paris.
All areas of the main house were completely upgraded and renovated with carefully chosen finishes, including the original large sloped-floor theatre and projection room. The gardens close to the house were also restored and enlarged to include two outdoor pavilions and fish and sculpture ponds. Perhaps the most ambitious phase of the renovation was the addition of the new underground garage providing parking for 10 cars. Guests to the mansion are now welcomed by a new 100 foot by 100 foot gravel entry court.